Pages

5.22.2008

coming back, back, to cali, cali

so this week is going to be yet another busy week but it will be more fun filled than busy. everyone is coming back to town at the same time it seems. geoffs back from tour, gabe is in town for chris and es' wedding, and my dad, step mom, and little bro and sis are visiting (this is by far my highlight to the week. sorry to everyone else) from Colorado till Tuesday. I'm sure there will be a few times where i wish i could be I'm multiple places at once.
we got chris and es' wedding tomorrow! hopefully the weather will cooperate.
where the heck did the heat go?
Saturday i am going to be hanging out with my dad & co. all day longggg. this also will include a Valdespino BBQ at my uncles freddy's house. that should be entertaining. i haven't seen them in over a year so to say I'm stoked would be an understatement.
Brett is a 7 year old genius. he is testing at a 7th grade level. we have no clue as to where he got the brains from but we(my dad & i) are hoping he'll want to be an astronaut. he is a wild child who can operate anything electronic better than my dad already. he always steals my dads cell phone and sends me video and picture messages of him rockin out with my dad on their way home from school.
Rory is a 5 (almost 6, july) year old princess. this little girl is everything my dad feared of having. i of course feed into this and buy her lots of princess dresses to play in and give her fake jewelry. a total girly-girl + adorable = trouble when she gets old enough to date and my dad will be 60. a 60 year old man is not intimidating to a 16 year old boy taking out his baby girl. poor dad.
i think as soon as i see them i am just going to run up and hug them so tight and not let go for a few minutes. im sure ill cry too.
oh no, i have gotten vulnerable. i am now tearing up big time at my desk just thinking of being around them. its amazing i never would have thought two little kids would have such an impact on me or that i could love them so much. it wasn't too hard for me that my dad was moving away, but knowing i cant just drive over to huntington and see the kids whenever i wanted was heart wrenching to say the least.
just thinking of hanging out with them makes my heart smile.
God knows how much i have missed those kids.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails